Monday, June 9, 2014

Corporate Games

In the corporate world do you choose to play the game or get played? I had started a corporate job and instantly I saw myself  progressing there. I was always thought to get well paying job in society. So that's what I had sought out to do. I didn't want to be a nurse and I thought hey this seems like a nice place to move up in and I have leadership skills so why not. My manager had always knew since day one I wanted to advance. A new position was coming up and I was trained in a different area from my previous role. I was excited. I knew I was meant to do more there than what I was doing. 
photo credit


5am I'd be relieved from my regular task to do the new task I was being trained in. A trainer above me asked me to help him, I kindly did and went back to what I was doing. He yelled for help again; I told him one moment after I get done with my task at hand. He came over to and said "When I tell you to do something you do it " I was shocked this man who isn't my boss had the nerve to say that to me. Rather than going off I kindly explained to him I would once I was done. He called a manager to report me. DOUBLE SHOCK! After my head manager came back from vacation he pulled me aside and asked me what had happened. I told him the story and after being told I was going to be "written up" he said "Here at this company you have to play a game. Basically what he was saying ...Don't have much of an opinion. Be a servant and do as what your told and that's it. 
I refused not to voice my opinion and stand up for what is right. If that costs me not to move up then so be it. I will not lay down just to get down. I will be respected. 

No comments:

About Us

Recent

recentposts

Random