Tuesday, November 3, 2015

How Incorporating Bitter Foods Can Prevent The Flu

Since fall brings shorter days and colder days it is necessary to have strong immune system during this season. Some ways to build a strong immune system is eating/ drinking bitter foods. Bitters tend to have many benefits to fight pathogens in the body; preventing the flu. 

Incorporating veggies such as kale, turmeric, dandelions, ginger in tea or meals can make a difference in the body. An example of how I take in my bitters or auto immune herbs is by juicing. Juicing an vegetable/ fruit increases the intake of vitamins/benefits verses using it in cooking other ways, not to mention it gets into your system quicker.

I opted to incorporate dandelion into my juicing routine and it wasn't so bad ..after I had a couple of apples of course. 
You can get these ingredients at your grocery store( I suggest a farmers market). Make its organic! A good juicer can run as low as $30 and up.

Try these recipes.

Immune Booster Juice(s)
1 bunch  of Kale
3- 4 Apples 
Small end of ginger. 

1 Dandelion bunch 
3 Apples
2 Pears 

No comments:

About Us

Recent

recentposts

Random