Sunday, August 16, 2015

DIY SMUDGE STICKS AND ITS ANCIENT HISTORY

Have you heard of a smudge stick? I like to call it a clarifying wand because that what it's used for...clarifying. Ancient cultures gather herbs such as cedar and most common; sage. These herbs are gathered naturally form the wild binded together dried  for 2 weeks and burned. The reason for the burning is to cleanse the atmosphere of negative and adding positive energy.



While at the farmers market I laid my eyes on sage and I grabbed it for 1.29 a bunch. When I went home and expeimented on making my own smudge stick verse buying them. 

Keep reading for instructions and results



What you will need::
Herbs of choice..
 Sage 
Planet:Jupiter
Characteristics: Cleansing and grounding

Rosemary: 
 Plant:Sun
Characteristics: Protection and purification 

Hemp Cord (not thread..i tried)
Scissors 

Instructions::
Gather herbs 
Wrap bottom stems repeatedly till tight. 
Add slight dash of water to keep tamed throughout the process 
Wrap till top
Wrap back down 
during the process connected cord by tying together. 

After sage bundle has dried:



Check out my instagram for the recent smudge sticks and after I redid this one.
How this elder picks and uses his herbs

No comments:

About Us

Recent

recentposts

Random