Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Black Bean Quinoa Burgers

This has been my second attempt to make a black bean quinoa burger since I first tried it at True Food Kitchen in Atlanta. The first time it didn't come out so well for the mere fact I was against using eggs at all costs. This time I took a different approach. I put it in the freezer!
Way before that I had gotten together:
Ingredients: 
Red Onion
Escallion
Zucchini
Red Pepper
Boiled Quinoa
Goya Black Beans
Bread Crumbs
Salt & Pepper
I chopped them up , drained any water out of them. Tossed together and scooped them into a measuring cup and molded them ; then added to parchment paper.
Tossed in the freezer for a couple of hours then baked for 15-20 mins.
The consistency was like a burger and  flavorful. Who said vegan food can't be tasty.

Photo above isn't my own but I did make the dish. 

No comments:

About Us

Recent

recentposts

Random