Monday, December 22, 2014

DO YOU EVEN CARE WHERE YOUR ANCESTORS WERE FROM? I DO!!

As this year progressed and I formed knowledge of who I am as a woman, individual and "Moor" I urged to know more about my history. Both of my parents are from Jamaica and so are their parents. Therefore to my knowledge that's all there is... besides my great grandmother being of Indian decent (like who doesn't have Indian in their family?). 
Knowing just that didn't satisfy me enough to be content with my history.

  That being said yesterday I was inspired to head over to AfricanAnestry.com . The "MatriClan" test kit ,which will go back as far as 500-2000 years of your maternal bloodline . It goes as far to connecting you to a tribe of people in Africa as well. 
I purchased this and the "MyDnaMix" test which is a admixture test.. meaning giving percentages of different groups make up your DNA such as European, Indigenous American and etc.

I'm beyond excited to receive results in a matter of weeks. Until that update comes take a look at others who have succeeded in finding their ancestry roots.



No comments:

About Us

Recent

recentposts

Random